Visit Bethlehem University
“Ahlan Wa Sahlan!”
Thank you for your interest in visiting Bethlehem University. Each year, Bethlehem University draws thousands of guests from all over the world. From touring campus and meeting faculty, to talking candidly with students and learning about Bethlehem University, your visit is certain to be a highlight of your time in the Holy Land.
Student Ambassadors warmly welcome visitors to campus and lead tours where features can include the Chapel of the Divine Child, Cultural Heritage Center, and academic facilities. Bethlehem University Student Ambassadors are eager to interact with visitors from around the world! Visitors will also have the opportunity to meet faculty members.
Lunch can be arranged for visiting groups in Bethlehem University’s Institute for Hotel Management & Tourism. Students in this degree-granting program, studying to be leaders in hospitality and tourism, will serve your group lunch as part of their hands-on training toward their degree program.
For many visitors, having an opportunity to interact with students helps to shape – or perhaps renew – one’s faith. After hearing Bethlehem University students’ stories of perseverance against the odds, many guests to campus later describe it as the “most meaningful experience” among their many pilgrimage visits in the Holy Land. Most people tell us that “meeting Bethlehem University students –both Christian and Muslim – gives me renewed hope and faith in its truest, living form. Bethlehem University is truly a place where we all can learn, love and renew.”
We welcome many tour and pilgrim groups each week – thank you for your interest in visiting us to meet our students and faculty and to learn about our university as well as the socio-political situation in which we live and work.
- Usual Visit Days and Times: The University is generally open from 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday and pilgrim group visits are generally held:
- 10am – 12 Noon: Welcome, 15 minute background movie, discussion with students and faculty, tour of the Chapel, Cultural Heritage Center, and other University facilities.
- 11am – 1pm: Welcome, 15 minute background movie, discussion with students and faculty over lunch (prepared and served by our Institute for Hotel Management and Tourism @ $20/person), tour of the Chapel, Cultural Heritage Center, and other University facilities.
- Request Early: We will do our best to accommodate your request for a visit. However, due to the high number of visiting groups and the limited amount of time our students have (outside of their class and study time), we might not be able to confirm your visit for the specific date and time you request. This is one of the reasons why we strongly encourage you to make your request at least ONE MONTH prior to the preferred date of your visit.
- Information Needed: In order to confirm your request (or offer our apology for not being able to schedule your visit), we need you to complete the following form. Generally within 2 to 3 working days we can reply to your request.
- Demitri Awwad, Guest Relations Officer, will work with you to create an itinerary that matches your group’s interests and schedule.
To schedule a group, please click here.
Thank you again for your interest and support for Bethlehem University!