Master in Tourism Studies (MRTS)
Enrollment Procedures 2016
The required steps to complete registration for MRTS Program are as follows:
Step 1: Pick up the MRTS Application Packet from the Finance Office. The applicant has to pay $150 when receiving the application. Each packet includes a username and a password to be used to access the on-line application form.
Step 2: Access the on-line application form and enter all the required information. Do not forget to print out the application after completing it.
Step 3: Submit the printed out application form along with all required supporting documents to the Institute of Hotel Management & Tourism Office by Tuesday the 3rd of January 2017. The required documents are listed below under the ‘Required supporting documents’ section.
Step 4: Once a student is officially accepted, s/he must proceed to the Registrar’s Office for official enrollment.
Step5: Tuition fee is determined on a per credit basis. The rate for 2016/2017 is set at 120 JDs per credit hour. In addition, a student has to pay registration fees (40 JDs per semester), computer fees (30 JDs per semester), accident insurance (10 JDs per semester), graduation fees (50 JDs per student), and BU ID fees (5 JDs per student). All payments are to be made at the Arab Bank in Bethlehem in Jordanian Dinars. Scholarships are not awarded unless funds become available.
Step 6: Classes for the Spring Semester will start by the third week of January.
Required supporting documents
- Official Transcripts of previously earned academic Degree(s) stamped by MOHE
- Official Copy of High School Diploma stamped by the Ministry of Education -
2 Reference Letters: 1 from a faculty member and 1 from the employer.
- A current CV.
- Photo Copy from the ID or Passport
- 2 Personal Photos
- A short essay describing the applicant’s motivations and expectations towards the program (max. 200 words)
- Receipt of the Application Fee of $150.
- Official copy of other Degrees or Diplomas (if any);
- Certificates of Foreign Language proficiency (if any);
- Certificates attesting professional skills (if any).
*** Note: All documents submitted along with the application are part of Bethlehem University records and will not be returned to the applicant under any circumstance.